How to setup WordPress on GDI. Use WordPress blogs for better online business.
INSTALLING WORDPRESS IS A SNAP!! Kristal and I did a wordpress how to video…
((VIDEO TOO FAST? You can pause it and back it up))
1. To setup WordPress, Log into your backoffice and Look for plugins:
2. Select “WordPress Blog” to setup WordPress:
3. Choose a subdomain to setup WordPress: NOTE: You will not be able to see your new wordpress blog instantly. Give it about 30 minutes.
4. DONE!! Installed WordPress:
*Your “home page” can be found under the dashboard, -Posts ..That’s where you delete or edit the “hello world” post
*Want to ad a new page? Look under dashboard -Pages
*We want search engine friendly urls …In the WordPress Dashboard …. -Settings -permalinks -custom: /%category%/%postname%
* unblock the search engines on your dashboard when you are ready.
*Remember to pick a catagory/keyword for each page and post. The FV All in One SEO Pack 1.611 is a free plugin that will add meta descriptions for each page. This will help the search engines figure out what the page is all about.